Whenever I see a bright-eyed baby smile, I see the joyous innocence that brighten even the sun’s rays. When I see poor souls who have lost their smiles, it compels me to give them one of mine. A smile isn’t worth much until you give it away, seeds planted in the hearts of strangers who are long out of sight becomes flowers passed on to another. A smile is free, no one is too poor not to have it and too rich not to need it.
I believe in the power of a smile, I believe that all smiles are beautiful, I believe that people from ages 1-101 can smile, I believe that each and every smile is a gift from God. I believe that smile is one of the most powerful and most underrated gifts that we, as humans posses. In today’s society, smile seems to be overlooked, it is about “the look”, and in creating that look, smiling was left out, why? To be honest, I would rather look at a magazine where there are pictures of people smiling than giving a seductive or distant gaze. Happiness may not sell but it is certainly true beauty. So what if a model’s teeth aren’t perfectly straight or pearly white? It is beautiful no matter what the condition is.
Smile embodies our ability to create and our ability to express the infinite love that is within us, so many of us go through our days dragging our feet, lamenting over our struggles, waiting for this or that to happen to cheer us up and we forget that all the while, we have this incredible tool at our disposal to raise our spirit.
Smiling is contagious, we all have our own battles to fight, each one of us! And sometimes all a person needs is a smile to reassure them that everything will be alright (because it will be). When we smile, something lights up inside us, what’s even more amazing is that we can share this gift with others.
Maybe one smile can reassure that girl who sits besides you in class, that someone sees her, that someone actually cares. Maybe one smile to a stranger you walk by in town today is all it will take to turn that rainy cloud hanging over him into a bright shining sun.
Smiling has so much benefits, some of which are ;
* changing the world- A smile has special powers, you can calm fear, insecurity, hurt and anxiety, not only in yourself but in those that are experiencing those feelings.
* smiling takes off decades from your face, it reduces wrinkles and makes you grow old sexily.
* smiling simply makes you feel better! Research shows that smiling releases serotonin, a neurotransmitter that produces feelings of happiness and wellbeing, its like a circle of happiness, smile and you feel real good.
* smiling makes you more attractive.
* smiling makes you approachable, at work, at home, in church and neighborhood.
* smiling slows the heart and relaxed the body, which causes the heart rate to be normal, therefore fights against heart problems and diseases.
* smiling increases productivity while performing task.
* smiling serves as pain killers, smile releases endorphins which lift our moods, which serves as natural painkillers for our day to day living.
* smiling boost our immune system, it helps the body relax and this let’s the immune system react more quickly and effectively against invaders.
Smiling can actually brighten and change the world around us, be a sunshine to someone today,be the reason someone goes through life irrespective of their problems and struggles.